Thursday 28 January 2016

Week 4

I was elated about my dance performance that day.

“If you’re nervous, just remember the poem,” my dance instructor said, gesturing to a poem framed on the wall.

Once everything turns from dark to bright,
It’s because you’ve found what turns on your light.

Those two lines are really all I bothered to remember, but later that day, before I went out on stage, I wished I remembered the other lines.

When I started to dance, I remembered the rest.

At least once in your life,
Let go of sadness and strife.
When you’ve given all you have to give,
You truly live.

4 comments:

  1. I need to take some words out. Please tell me which words I can take out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the powerful words that you used. I think you could work on cleaning up the first part a little bit more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to take some words out. Please tell me which words I can take out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you used a quote in your story. I think you forgot to put your title.

    ReplyDelete