Friday 5 February 2016

100 Word Challenge Week 5

I've never been responsible, and the night my parents were out of town was no different. 

I forgot to shut the door on the fireplace, and I woke up to the smell of smoke. 

"Help!" I cried out the window.

That's when I remembered Cassie, my baby sister. I dodged the flames to reach Cassie's bassinet, grabbed Cassie and raced onto the balcony. 

The flying firemen came, and there wasn't much damage done to the kitchen. Everything else was charred to a cinder. When my parents came home, they weren't too pleased that I had burnt down the house. Again. 

3 comments:

  1. I really like your story. I don't see any mistakes though

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story is a bit rushed. But I really like your ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great attention paid to punctuation and grammar. Also, great choice of words such as cinder, dodged, and charred. Keep up the creative writing.

    ReplyDelete