Tuesday 17 May 2016

100 WC Week 18

Thunderstruck

The silence was deafening, and I huddled under my covers. It was hard to feel courageous in teddy bear pyjamas.

My family had been in our new house for three days, and I was already convinced it was haunted, with its burnt-orange walls and antique furniture, and the objects that seemed to move overnight.

My bedroom door opened quietly, but it might as well have been a crack of thunder, the way I jumped. I smashed my head on the headboard of my bed, and the room swam. All I could make out was the blurry silhouette of my sleepwalking sister before I passed out. 

3 comments:

  1. I really like your story, good job! And I really like how you used cool words like:deafening, courageous, antique, and more. But, I think you should put the prompt words in bold letters or colour letters. But, I think other than that you did a pretty good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really get why antique furniture is haunted. Other than that I can't see anything wrong with your story

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your twist but maybe take out the and in the first sentence because it seems un-needed also you could take out the period behind covers and add a coma

    ReplyDelete