Wednesday 25 May 2016

100 WC Week 19

 Why I Owe Jade 10 Bucks

"Bet you ten bucks you can't last an hour in Old Harley's house," Jade's eyes glinted as she presented the dare. There was a collective gasp, but I nodded.

Looked like I was about to enter a haunted house.


*****

Jade had placed a candle near the entrance. As the flame flickered and then went out, I was bathed in shadow. Just then, a transparent person floated towards me, and I backed against the wall. My hand came away sticky.

I ran out screaming, and promised myself I would never accept a dare from Jade ever again.

Now I had to find ten bucks.

7 comments:

  1. Good story! But, what do you mean you were bathed in shadow? And when you said "...and promised myself I..." I think you accidentally didn't put a space between "myself" and "I." Also, you said "...I would never accept a dare from jade AGAIN EVER AGAIN." What do you mean "again ever again" it should just be "ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of your story. But I don't think you would be "bathed in a shadow" since earlier in that line you were talking about the flame/light going off and there being no other light in there. And in order to have a shadow you need some from of light being cast onto you, but you have no light so the line "I bathed in a shadow" doesn't work for the setting of your story. But other than that, great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good story's don't get were bathed in shadow I like the ending like when you said I got to fine10 bucks instead of now I got to give her 10 bucks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your story very creative the only thing is at the end when you say "Now I had to find jade 10 bucks" i think you should change had to have because it sounds cleaner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont know why she needed ten bucks when she lost the bet you might want to take that out and maybe put ghost not transparent person ghost sounds more childish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story! Like most people have said bathed in the shadow is confusing. Also when you said "Now I had to find Jade 10 bucks" like JjMonkey had said you should change had to have so it makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kinda get confused in this story. I think you used to much descriptive language.

    ReplyDelete